watch a festival
Sold Out! June 3: World Premiere of the Ninth Annual Media That Matters Film Festival
Arts Engine is pleased to announce the world premiere of the
ninth annual Media That Matters Film Festival in New York City!
Media That Matters: MORE THAN A FESTIVAL
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
6:00 - impACT salon
7:00 - Screening
School of Visual Arts (SVA)
Visual Arts Theater
333 West 23rd Street
New York, NY
The theater is accessible by wheelchair.
Join us for the world premiere of the ninth annual Media That Matters Film Festival! Be among the first to see the 12 inspiring short films we selected this year. Arrive early to take part in the impACT salon for Take Action opportunities and a chance to meet the festival filmmakers!
Buy your tickets today before they sell out!
After the official launch on June 3,
we invite you to Screen. Act. Impact.
Media That Matters: MORE THAN A FESTIVAL.
SCREEN the collection of jury-selected films online, at home or in your community.
- Stream all our films and follow news updates on our website mediathatmattersfest.org
- Join one of the hundreds of film screenings worldwide
- Watch the films from our partner sites such as Netflix, Miro, iTunes.
- Purchase the annual festival DVD or create a customized collection based on theme, audience or genre
ACT now to make a change.
- Follow the Take Action Links connected with each film and learn about organizations working closely with each social issue
- Download our free Discussion Guide for tools and resources to use with audiences
- Organize a Do-It-Yourself screening to inspire change in your own community or school and check our website for more screening tools
- Create your own film ‰ÛÒ documentary, animation, fiction & even music videos and submit your piece to our next Media That Matters Collection
IMPACT your community by incorporating short films with on-the-ground activism.
- Share Media That Matters with your own film festival, conference, workshop or your local broadcast channel
- Become a member of MediaRights.org to read up on and dialogue with other online members committed to the field of social-issue media
- Support the festival either by becoming a partner or a future sponsor
Published on June 3, 2009